6.07.2008

im bored: my favorite albums EVER

this is about to be a really long post. i hope your ready for it. 

1. deja entendu- brand new, from the opening track, "tautou", you can gather the tone of the entire album.  I hated the first album, and for that matter, don’t want to give their third a chance because from the samples ive heard it is too different from the second. Maybe im being too closed minded. But back to deja- I can honestly say that all of the songs have poignant lyrics that go perfectly with the subtle guitar in the background- only getting loud during the chorus and after the bridge. Honestly the only album ive never grown tired of. 


2. strippedChristina Aguilera, one of the most beautiful albums ever made both lyrically and vocally. Songs range from slow and full of heart, to fast and fun. Some are downright inspirational. The album has made me cry on many an occasion. Honestly I feel she is a greater vocalist than Mariah carey and whitney Houston. Touches of this are in back to basics, but that album failed to invoke a lot of emotion that stripped did. 

3. the battle of los angeles-rage against the machine, lets just say I truly rock out to this cd. Every song. I only discovered rage relatively recently- thanks to guitar hero, but now im eating up every one of their albums and its heartbreaking to me that they are no longer together, making albums at least. Audioslave is just not the same! 

4. tie between in love and death and the usedthe used, the only band which includes screaming that really does it for me. Love how their dark lyrics don’t seem tacky or overdone. Really its about the music on these two albums and not the lyrics. Love them and will continue buying their albums even though lies for the liars wasn’t spectacular. 

5. back to black- amy winehouse, truly a musician, she makes you feel what shes singing. The fact that her life is a mess only enhances the music for me because I know she experienced what she has written and her style is unique to me, even though her influences (billie holiday, etc) are quite obvious. I might be part of a small minority that cant wait for more from her. Frank was also wonderful (and long) but was a little camp and not as finely polished as her sophomore album. 

im sure im forgetting a few that are equal to or greater than these albums, but for now itll do. maybe ill do 5-10 another time. feel free to disagree or concur with my choices! 

No comments: